Oh no, you’re running late again! But you need to have something to eat. It’s going to be a long day after all. Now you realize you’re craving so much for some mac and cheese. Then a question comes into your mind. Can you microwave Kraft Mac and Cheese?
Microwaving your favorite meals is one of the easiest and most convenient ways to prepare them, especially if you’re in a rush.
With that, this article will be telling you everything you need to know about microwaving Kraft Mac and Cheese.
We’ll both ask all the common questions that people worry about. And, of course, all of it will be answered right here and right now.
So, let’s not keep anyone waiting, and let’s get started!
Can you microwave Kraft Mac and Cheese?
Yes! You can microwave your Kraft Mac and Cheese. It is very easy and simple to do it.
Microwaving your Kraft Mac and Cheese was originally written in the instructions on preparing it (which proves why you can microwave it, yes?).
Even if microwaves are commonly used for reheating, you can still use them for cooking your favorite Kraft Mac and Cheese.
Although the directions on microwaving are not included anymore in the Kraft Mac and Cheese packaging, it doesn’t change the fact that you can still do it.
Later on, you’ll find out how you can properly microwave your Kraft Mac and Cheese in no time.
Is it safe to microwave Kraft Mac and Cheese?
Yes! It is completely safe to microwave your Kraft Mac and Cheese. Just make sure that you use a microwave-safe bowl when heating it.
You must transfer your Kraft Mac and Cheese first into a microwavable dish before heating it in the microwave.
The wrapping of Kraft Mac and Cheese is not microwave-safe. Toxic chemicals may also leach into your food if you risk heating it. So, it’s better to transfer it to a safer container.
However, you may also want to consider that Kraft Mac and Cheese is not a very healthy option for a meal (not that any of us would care though).
What do you need to microwave Kraft Mac and Cheese?
The materials and ingredients you’ll need to prepare and microwave your Kraft Mac and Cheese are very easy to find and even buy.
You can easily find these ingredients and materials both in your kitchen and home or even in a grocery store near you.
So, before you start heating things, make sure that you prepare them beforehand.
For the ingredients, here are what you’re going to need:
- 206 grams (7.25 oz.) package of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
- 1⅓ cups hot water
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- Your favorite seasonings, add-ons, and toppings (like bacon, extra cheese of any kind, hot sauce, black pepper, salt, hotdogs or hams, ketchup, and mayonnaise – anything you want!)
Now, for the materials, here are the following that you will need:
- Colander or strainer
- 1 Microwave-safe bowl (2-quarts sized or bigger)
- 1 small bowl or ramekin
Can you make microwaved Kraft Mac and Cheese without milk?
Yes! You can make microwaved Kraft Mac and Cheese even without milk. And no, it won’t taste weird.
Even if you don’t have any milk at home (or if you just don’t feel like putting milk), you can still enjoy your microwaved Kraft Mac and Cheese perfectly.
If you are lactose intolerant, you may still opt to use non-dairy milk such as soy milk or almond milk. Of course, that’s completely your choice.
There are a lot of alternatives that you can use if you don’t have milk directly available. Some of these alternatives are the following:
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Broth (it depends on what kind of broth you like, but I suggest chicken broth)
You read that right! You can still use water as an alternative to milk. You can add your water gradually to the cheese sauce.
Just make sure that you do it slowly and you start with a little amount of water first.
If you pour a lot of water suddenly, your Kraft Mac and Cheese might lose its creaminess and consistency. You may not enjoy it as much as you want.
How long do you microwave Kraft Mac and Cheese?
It will only take more or less 10 minutes to prepare and microwave your favorite Kraft Mac and Cheese. Of course, you need to consider many different factors when it comes to determining how much time you need.
You will need approximately 5 to 7 minutes to prepare your Kraft Mac and Cheese. Later on, you’ll see what you have to do when it comes to preparing it.
Moreover, while this is not always the case, you might be needing an additional 2 to 3 minutes to make sure that you properly heat your Kraft Mac and Cheese in the microwave.
On the other hand, you also need to consider the power capacity of the microwave you are going to use.
If your microwave has a high wattage (probably more than 1000 watts), then you can expect your Kraft Mac and Cheese to be ready within the given time.
But if you are using a microwave with a lower wattage (may be lower than 1000 watts), then you might need to adjust how long you need to cook your Kraft Mac and Cheese.
Don’t worry if you think you might not cook your mac and cheese properly because you’re not familiar with your microwave yet.
In a while, we’ll be talking about the steps on how you can properly microwave your Kraft Mac and cheese (and yes, you can still follow these steps even if you don’t know how strong your microwave is.).
How do you microwave Kraft Mac and Cheese?
Microwaving your favorite Mac and Cheese is very quick and easy to do. You won’t even think you could prepare and enjoy it in just a short period.
I have listed below the simple steps that you can follow to prepare and cook your Kraft Mac and Cheese using your microwave.
I decided to separate the steps to prepare the pasta and the actual cooking of the mac and cheese so that you don’t get confused.
Here are the easy steps that you can follow to prepare the pasta:
- Get your microwave-safe bowl and pour the water into it.
- Put your bowl with water into the microwave.
- Set the microwave’s heat setting to high.
- Heat the water for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, pour the pasta into the hot water. Be careful and don’t burn yourself.
- Put the bowl with pasta back into the microwave and set the heat setting to high.
- Microwave the bowl of pasta for 5 to 7 minutes. Make sure to stir the pasta with a spoon every 1 to 2 minutes so that they don’t stick together.
- After the given time, check if your pasta is soft enough for you. Continue heating if you’re not satisfied with its consistency.
- After heating, remove the bowl of pasta from the microwave.
- Drain the excess water from the pasta. Don’t forget to use potholders so that you don’t burn yourself.
- Set your pasta aside.
Now that you have your pasta ready, you can proceed to prepare your cheese sauce and mix it into your pasta.
Here are the steps to putting together your favorite Kraft Mac and Cheese:
- Pour the cheese sauce or powder into a small bowl.
- Gradually add your milk or hot water until you reach the consistency you want.
- Once your cheese sauce is properly mixed, pour it into your bowl of pasta.
- Mix your sauce and pasta well. Make sure that every macaroni piece is fully covered.
- Add your margarine or butter as well as other seasonings. Mix them all.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with your favorite add-ons and toppings.
Did you expect that microwaving your Kraft Mac and Cheese was super easy and quick? I bet you didn’t.
Well, now that you know the simple steps, materials, and ingredients that you need to microwave your Kraft Mac and Cheese, nothing is stopping you from enjoying it!
So, go get your microwaves and start prepping that mac and cheese!