It’s the weekday, and the rush hour is here! You know there’s no time to make a quick stop to grab a bite so you decide to take a box of Totino’s Pizza with you (you’re hungry and it’s your favorite so who cares?). You think of heating it in the microwave later on. But wait! Can you microwave Totino’s Pizza?
Don’t worry because you’re now at the right place and the right website!
This article will tell you everything you need to know when microwaving your favorite Totino’s Pizza.
You’ll be enjoying your favorite pizza rolls in no time right after you read this whole thing.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get into it!
Can you microwave Totino’s Pizza?
Yes! You can microwave your Totino’s Pizza. But, to be honest, you better not.
The instructions indicated in the packaging box of Totino’s Pizza recommend that you use an oven when heating it.
However, if you’re running short on time, you may also use your microwave to heat your Totino’s Pizza.
Of course, you have to expect that you won’t get the same results with the oven-cooked ones.
When you heat your Totino’s Pizza using a microwave, it will likely end up soggy and not as crispy as you may want.
Don’t worry because you may still enjoy your microwaved Totino’s Pizza in some other ways (keep reading to find out how!).
Is it safe to microwave Totino’s Pizza?
Yes! It is safe to microwave your Totino’s Pizza. However, I don’t think it’s the best way to prepare it.
There’s nothing wrong with microwaving your Totino’s Pizza. You’ll still have an edible and warm pizza roll even if you don’t cook it in an oven.
But, just like what I said earlier, it may not be as crispy and firm as you expect it to turn out.
You may have a hard time slicing your Totino’s Pizza if you heat it in the microwave. It may also be too soft compared to your usual pizza rolls.
So, if you’re worried that microwaving Totino’s Pizza is safe, then don’t worry because it is.
But if you decide to microwave them, you might compromise on their quality.
How long do you microwave Totino’s Pizza?
You only need 3 to 4 minutes to heat your Totino’s Pizza in a microwave. Yes, it’s that quick!
Using the microwave is the quickest way to heat your favorite pizza roll. But, of course, several factors affect its cooking time.
If you’re going to microwave your Totino’s Pizza while it’s at room temperature, then you may only need around 1 to 2 minutes to microwave it at high heat.
However, if your Totino’s Pizza is frozen and you still need to defrost it, you may need to defrost it first in your microwave for 2 to 3 minutes before proceeding to heat it.
Another thing you’d want to consider is the wattage of the microwave you’re using. If you’re using a microwave with a high wattage, then you can expect your Totino’s Pizza to be ready within 1 to 2 minutes.
But if you’re using a microwave with a lower wattage, then you may need to heat your pizza rolls more than the given time.
You also need to consider the number of Totino’s Pizza pieces you decide to microwave all at once.
Of course, if you’re going to microwave just one or two pieces, you can expect it to be done within the given time.
But if you’re going to heat a lot of pieces all at the same time, heat may not be evenly distributed and it may not warm properly. So, you should do it by batch (and it will take up more time, but at least all pizza pieces are heated evenly).
How do you microwave Totino’s Pizza in different ways?
There are multiple ways for you to use your microwave when heating your Totino’s Pizza! Who said there’s only one way that you can do it?
You may use other tools to improve the quality of your Totino’s Pizza or you can even get creative when heating them in your microwave!
Keep reading to find out how!
How do you heat Totino’s Pizza using a stovetop and a microwave?
If you have more time to spare, you may use both your microwave and your stovetop when heating your Totino’s Pizza.
Of course, you should expect to spend more than just 3 to 4 minutes when doing this step. But you will surely have a completely different result!
Here are the steps on how to heat your Totino’s Pizza using a stovetop and a microwave:
- Prepare your frozen Totino’s Pizza, microwave, bowl, cooking oil, and aluminum pan or cast-iron pan.
- Heat your pan on the stove and sprinkle some oil on it to prevent the pizza from sticking to it.
- While waiting for the pan and oil to be warm, put your frozen pizza into the microwave to defrost.
- Set the setting of your microwave to defrost and let your frozen pizza thaw for 2 to 3 minutes until it is completely warmed.
- When the pan and the oil are warm enough (but not too hot), put your thawed pizza in the pan.
- Cover your pizza with a bowl so that it melts and cooks properly. The bowl should be large enough to cover the pizza fully.
- After melting the pizza in the pan, transfer it to the microwave. Make sure that the pizza has become firm.
- Set the microwave’s heat setting to high and let your pizza heat for about 1 to 2 minutes so that the cheese and other toppings warm up.
- After warming it up, transfer the pizza to a serving dish and enjoy!
How do you microwave Totino’s Pizza using a crisper tray?
If you don’t feel like using your stovetop, but still want to have a crispy pizza when microwaving it, then you can try using a crisper tray!
It isn’t as complicated as you think. Here are the steps that you can follow when microwaving your Totino’s Pizza using a crisper tray.
- Take your frozen Totino’s Pizza out of the freezer and put it in a microwave-safe dish.
- Put your Totino’s Pizza in the microwave.
- Set your microwave’s setting to defrost and defrost your pizza for 2 to 3 minutes or until it isn’t frozen anymore.
- Once thawed, remove your Totino’s Pizza from the microwave.
- Transfer your pizza to the crisper tray and put it back in the microwave.
- Set your microwave’s heat setting to high.
- Microwave your pizza in the crisper tray for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once done, transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!
How do you make microwaved Totino’s Pizza wraps?
Now, if you want to stick with using your microwave to heat your Totino’s Pizza, then, of course, you can! Well, you need to deal with the sogginess that comes with it if that’s the case.
But who said that soggy pizza is bad? You heard me right! I’m saying that you can still get creative with your soggy pizza. You may still enjoy it the same way if you make use of its soggy state and turn it into a wrap!
Here’s how I did my version of a Totino’s Pizza wrap (make sure you defrost your pizza first. You may check out what was mentioned earlier on how to defrost them using your microwave):
- Take your defrosted pizza slice and put it in the microwave.
- Set your microwave’s heat setting to high.
- Heat your Totino’s Pizza for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once your pizza is hot enough, fold it up so that all the toppings are inside (and become fillings instead!). Be careful since it’s still hot!
- Enjoy your very own Totino’s Pizza wrap!
So, there you have three quick and easy ways how you can microwave your Totino’s Pizza.
Too late to grab lunch? Well, not anymore!
Now, you don’t need to let the rush hour stop you from having some pizza. Get that microwave and heat them!