Just the other day, I went out and bought one too many McDonald’s Apple pies for myself and my family. Don’t judge; we all just really enjoy them. Surprisingly enough, we had some of the apple pies leftovers, and we wanted to know if it was possible to microwave them at another time.
So I began my research, and now I can safely proclaim that I’m an expert on this topic. If you want to know how to microwave McDonald’s apple pies, then you have come to the right place. In this article, I will give you all the information that you need to know about it.
Can You Microwave McDonald’s Apple Pie?
Yes, you can microwave McDonald’s apple pies. You can also freeze them and reheat them at a later time. Mcdonald’s apple pies have a very unique combination of textures, so there is a certain technique that you need to use in order to get the best results from microwaving them.
Most foods lose their flavor when reheated, so you should expect that after microwaving your apple pies, they won’t be as good as they were when you just bought them.
Never microwave the Mcdonald’s apple pies inside the original box container that they came in. It is always best to use a microwave-friendly container. For this particular type of food, I have found that it is best to go with a flat container lined with parchment paper.
Can You Freeze and Reheat McDonald’s Apple Pie?
McDonald’s apple pies can be frozen and stored for later consumption. Many fast food places, including Mcdonald’s, use frozen desserts on their menus. Unsurprisingly, the apple pies that you buy from this fast-food restaurant were already frozen before they were prepared for you.
Because of this, it is best to only reheat them once after freezing or refrigerating. This is to prevent bacteria and mold from growing on the apple pie during the process of cooling and reheating.
When storing, try to remove all or most of the air from the container, because doing so will prevent the apple pie’s crust and filling from drying out.
What to Do Before Microwaving McDonald’s Apple Pie
Before microwaving your McDonald’s apple pies, make sure that you have stored them properly. This is done by sealing them in a refrigerator-safe container, sealed with a cover.
For longer storage, place in a freezer for up to a week.
The next thing that you want to do before microwaving is to get a few sheets of parchment paper and a flat ceramic or glass dish to place the apple pie in.
It is advised that you do not use the original box to reheat in the microwave because those boxes are lined with a wax substance. When this wax is heated, it can melt onto your McDonald’s apple pies adding toxins to them.
You also want to set the microwave to medium power so that the heat doesn’t cause excessive dryness.
How Do You Microwave McDonald’s Apple Pie Without it Getting Soggy?
So while trying to heat up my leftover McDonald’s apple pies, I made a terrible mistake. This mistake caused the pies to become soggy.
Fortunately for you, I have made those mistakes so that you can learn from them.
Follow these simple steps to get your McDonald’s apple pies reheated in a microwave without getting them soggy.
- Step one: Use a microwave-safe plate. Clean and dry thoroughly before use.
- Step two: Line the microwave-safe plate with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Step three: Add a maximum of four apple pies onto the parchment paper. Microwaves tend to heat things unevenly, and so the more pies added, the longer it will take.
- If they stay in the microwave oven for too long, the steak will cause the pies to become really soggy (which is what happened to me).
- The perfect amount of pies to reheat per session is three, but four could also work.
- Step four: Use another sheet of parchment paper to cover the pies and place the container inside the microwave oven.
- Step five: The key to good leftover McDonald’s pie is reheating at the right temperature and power. Set your microwave to medium power to get the best results. Too low is a no-go..Too high won’t fly
- Step six: Set the timer to 15 seconds and allow it to reheat. After the 15 seconds are up, check the pies by poking the crusts.
Remember that we don’t want to be heating them for too long, so it’s best to microwave them for a maximum of 45 seconds on medium power.
Alternative methods of reheating McDonald’s Apple Pies
I’ve read on a few websites where people have used an air fryer to successfully reheat their leftover McDonald’s apple pies. Based on this research, I believe that using an air fryer is another very effective and convenient method to use.
It preserves both the texture and flavor of your pies and is highly recommended.
Using an Air Fryer to Reheat Apple Pies
So how do you use an air fryer to reheat your McDonald’s apple pies? Well, it’s quite simple.
- Step 1: Allow the air fryer to heat to an internal temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 176 degrees Celsius)
- Step 2: Transfer the apple pies from the box or other storage container, and place them into the air fryer’s basket.
- Step 3: Heat for 2 minutes before checking to see if the middle starts to bubble. If it does start to bubble, then you may remove them. The bubbling suggests that they are ready.
If the middle does not start to bubble after 2 minutes, allow it to cook for an additional 3 minutes. After this time, they should be ready.
Using an Oven to Reheat Apple Pies
If you have not yet invested in an air fryer, you may also use an oven to reheat your leftover McDonald’s apple pies. Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1: Retrieve an oven pan. Thoroughly wash and dry before using.
- Step 2: Line the pan with some parchment paper to absorb excess moisture from the pies.
- Step 3: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius).
- Step 4: Coat each pie with light oil.
- Step 5: Place your McDonald’s apple pies onto the tray lined with parchment paper and allow them to heat up in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 6: After 3 minutes, flip each pie and allow them to heat for another 2 to 3 minutes.
And that’s it. A very simple and effective method of reheating leftover McDonald’s pies.
McDonald’s apple pies are one of the best desserts available on their menu in my humble opinion. So much so that none can be wasted. If properly stored, you can use a microwave to reheat them so they retain all their crispness and flavor.
The microwave is the most convenient reheating tool to use when heating up leftovers.
If you follow the guidelines above, then you will be enjoying your apple pies with friends and family in no time.
I hope that you found this article very helpful. Enjoy your meal.