If you know how to microwave Costco Rotisserie chicken, you can save time and money. Costco Rotisserie chicken is an easy way to add chicken to the dinner menu. It is juicy, tender, and tastes perfect.
But, if you are anything like me, you can’t finish the whole chicken in one go. That means a ton of leftovers in your fridge. I remember struggling to revive the chicken and always with dry unedible chicken.
Also, sometimes people buy the chicken and get stuck in the traffic.
The chicken is cold. Trust me. I understand your pain.
I have tried everything from oven to stove to reheat the Costco Rotisserie chicken. Microwaving the Costco Rotisserie chicken is the best way to reheat it.
But it is not as simple as it sounds. Many things can go wrong.
So, let me show you how you can do the same.
Can you microwave Costco rotisserie chicken?
Yes, you can microwave the Costco rotisserie chicken. Ensure to microwave the chicken till its internal temperature reaches 165 °F.
Generally, Costco rotisserie chicken comes in a hotbox. This is how it stays warm for a short time. But if you would not eat it immediately, you can reheat it in a microwave.
There is no issue in microwaving Costco rotisserie chicken. But you need to follow the instructions.
But before that, make sure that the chicken is safe to eat. Look for any signs of mold. If the chicken has dark spots, then throw it away.
How do you microwave Costco Rotisserie Chicken?
To microwave the Costco rotisserie chicken:
- Start by cutting the amount of chicken that you want to eat.
- Now remove all the bones from the chicken.
- Shred the chicken pieces and put them in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover the chicken with a wet paper towel.
- Put the microwave on medium heat (50%).
- Now microwave the chicken for 2 minutes.
- Take out the chicken and check its internal temperature. The internal temperature should be at least 165 °F.
- If the chicken is not warm enough, it’s ok. Just microwave it for 30 seconds intervals till it is warm enough.
This entire process sounds a little bit complex. But it is pretty simple.
The secret to reheating Costco rotisserie chicken is removing the bones. The chicken bones heat up faster than the meat and overheat the chicken. This can lead to dry chicken.
There is another step that you should never forget. Cover the chicken with a damp paper towel while microwaving.
The moisture from the paper towel prevents the chicken from drying up. And you can get moist chicken every time.
Lastly, do not microwave the chicken with its plastic packaging. It is not microwave-safe and can cause a hazard most of the time.
Is it safe to microwave Costco Rotisserie Chicken?
Yes, it is safe to microwave Costco rotisserie chicken. But remember a few things:
- Take the chicken out of its plastic container.
- Remove the bones.
- And cover it with a paper towel.
There are always speculations about whether the Costco rotisserie chicken container is microwave-safe. You can always look for the microwave-safe label on the container. But, it is always better to transfer the chicken into a microwave-safe dish instead.
Did you keep the leftover chicken in a ziplock bag? Remove it from the bag. Ziplock bags are not microwave-safe either and can cause a fire hazard.
Furthermore, ensure that the paper towel is damp enough for two reasons.
- The damp towel prevents the chicken from drying out.
- A dry paper towel can cause a fire in the microwave. This is why it is recommended to wet it before putting it in the microwave.
Lastly, check the expiry date of the chicken. Costco rotisserie chicken is safe to eat for 4-5 days. But make sure to refrigerate it.
Also, if the chicken has any dark spots or foul odor, toss it in the trash.
How long does it take to microwave Costco Rotisserie Chicken?
Costco rotisserie chicken can take about 2 to 4 minutes. But if it is not warm to the touch, then microwave it for 30-seconds intervals.
The length of time that it takes to microwave the Costco rotisserie chicken depends on a few factors. For example, the microwave wattage.
The amount of chicken in the microwave can also delay the process. So, you should avoid putting a whole Costco rotisserie chicken in the microwave. Because it will not reheat evenly and become dry.
To prevent this, reheat the amount of chicken that you want to serve. You can also shred or slice the chicken for faster microwaving.
How do you know when Costco Rotisserie Chicken is done microwaving?
Check the Costco Rotisserie chicken’s internal temperature. If it is 165 °F, the chicken is done.
You can use a food-grade thermometer to check its internal temperature. But, ensure to use it after every 2 minutes.
You can also check the temperature of the chicken by touching it. This method would be easier if you shredded the chicken before microwaving. But be careful before touching the chicken.
It is not done if the chicken is still cold to the touch. In a situation like this, microwave it for 30 seconds intervals. And keep checking the internal temperature between the intervals to prevent overheating.
Tips to Microwave Costco Rotisserie Chicken
Microwaving the Costco rotisserie chicken is a straightforward process.
But, many things can go wrong during the process.
Here are some of the tips to perfectly microwave Costco rotisserie chicken:
- Never microwave the Costco rotisserie chicken with its plastic container.
- Only use microwave-safe dishes to microwave the Costco rotisserie chicken.
- Microwave the amount of chicken that you are planning to eat. This is faster than microwaving the whole Costco rotisserie chicken.
- Slice or shred the Costco rotisserie chicken to make it microwave evenly. Doing this will also microwave the chicken faster.
- Remove the bones from the chicken. The bones heat up faster, and this can dry out the chicken.
- Reheating the Costco rotisserie chicken can also dry it out. So, cover the chicken with a damp paper towel to prevent it from drying.
- Be careful when removing the damp paper towel. It will be hot and can burn your skin.
- You can also add seasoning and olive oil to your chicken. This will enhance the flavor.
- If the chicken is already dry, microwaving it with a small amount of broth can revive its juices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about microwaving Costco rotisserie chicken.
Can you microwave the Costco Rotisserie Chicken container?
You cannot microwave the Costco rotisserie chicken with its plastic container. Costco rotisserie chicken plastic containers usually lack the microwave-safe label. And even if the box has a label, avoid putting it in the microwave.
Can you eat Costco rotisserie chicken cold without microwaving?
Yes, technically, you can eat the Costco rotisserie chicken cold. However, it also depends on how well you store the chicken. Keeping the chicken in an airlock bag at a low temperature is safe to eat.
However, let the chicken thaw before eating it. Or it will be too difficult to bite into.
Can you microwave and eat rotisserie chicken after 5 days?
You should not microwave and eat Costco rotisserie chicken after 5 days. The maximum limit to eat Costco rotisserie chicken is 4-5 days. Even if you kept the chicken at a low temperature, you should not eat it after 5 days.
This blog has shown you how to microwave Costco Rotisserie chicken. Hopefully, you will never have dried Costco rotisserie chicken leftovers ever again.
Do you like to eat the Costco Rotisserie chicken on its own? Or with mashed potatoes and vegetables? Either way, get your microwave ready.
Before you leave, remember a few things. Use a damp paper towel for microwaving the chicken. This is one of the most critical steps for microwaving the Costco Rotisserie chicken.