Eggs are a scrumptious source of nutrition loved by numerous people all around the globe. Being the powerhouse of nutrition that fight several diseases, eggs provide high-quality protein and other various minerals.
As a mother, I have always known how important eggs are, especially for a growing kid. So, I skipped no chance of incorporating eggs into my son’s diet. And he loved it! Eggs are one of his favorite meals, so I face no trouble creating a healthy diet plan for my kid.
The trouble began when my son started school a couple of months ago. He would ask for fried eggs every morning for breakfast. While I was satisfied by the fact that my kid’s tastes and diet were refined, as a working mom, it was completely unfeasible for me to make fried eggs every morning.
A scroll through the internet helped me discover the question of whether I could make fried eggs in the microwave. And today, I’ll be sharing all I found about this question with any troubled moms or individuals who feel the same way!
Can You Make Fried Eggs In A Microwave?
Yes, you definitely can! You will only need around a minute of cooking to get the perfect fried egg. And that too with minimal oil. A dream!
But, before beginning, you need to understand that fried eggs come in many variations, which include:
- Sunnyside Up: In this variation, the egg is mostly cooked at the bottom. The yolk will be quite runny while the whites will be cooked and set.
- Over-Easy: This variation is quite simple and easy. The egg will be flipped and the yolk will only be gently cooked. So it will still be partially runny and partially cooked.
- Over-Medium: In this one, the egg will be flipped and cooked at the top just like in over-easy, but here the yolk won’t be so runny.
- Over-Hard: The yolk gets fully cooked until it turns hard.
Everyone has a different preference for how they like their egg and knowing this preference will help you make an egg to your liking.
What Will You Need to Microwave Fried Eggs?
- A microwave-safe bowl
- A silicone pastry brush
- A microwave (duh!)
- A paper towel
- Gloves or heat resistant cloth
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- An oil spray
How To Make Fried Eggs In The Microwave?
- Take a microwave-safe bowl or dish and lightly coat it with oil using a silicone pastry brush (you can also use a substitute). You can also use an oil spray instead of plain oil for convenience.
- Crack the egg(s) into the dish. (Make sure that you add oil according to the number of eggs you are using!)
- Use a pointy utensil, like a fork or preferably a knife, to make a small hole at the tip of the egg. This will prevent it from popping in the microwave.
- Use a paper towel to cover the dish to keep any egg explosion from occurring in your microwave.
- Ensure that the microwave temperature is at 165-degree Fahrenheit.
- Use the recommended time (40 seconds) to heat the egg. If your egg still isn’t properly cooked, heat it for a further ten seconds intervals.
- Make sure that you are wearing gloves or have a heat-resistant cloth protecting you while taking the egg out of the microwave.
- You can now add salt and pepper according to your taste to enhance the flavor of the egg.
And that is the recipe to make delicious and fresh fried eggs in the morning, using only a microwave and other basic kitchen essentials!
Is It Safe To Make Fried Eggs In The Microwave?
It is completely safe to make fried eggs in the microwave. Microwaves are one of the most convenient machines known to humankind. They create such feasibility and ease for us. Is your food too cold? Reheat it in the microwave! Want a sweet midnight snack? Make a mug cake! Want fried eggs in a short time? You could answer, make them in the microwave!
Is It Safe To Eat Microwaved Fried Eggs?
For all those conscious eaters, who are always worried about their diets, or for moms like me, who are worried about their children’s health, this question might be the most concerning. To eradicate your worries, the answer is that eating fried eggs made in the microwave is just as safe as the fried eggs that you make on the stovetop.
You could even say that fried eggs made in the microwave are even healthier than those that you make traditionally by heating on the stove. This is because they require less fat (due to less oil) to achieve the desired results.
How Long Does It Take To Make Fried Eggs In The Microwave?
Much to all of our surprise, making fried eggs in the microwave doesn’t take much of your time. So, you can continue with your busy routine without compromising your food and health.
The time it will take to fry your egg relies on different factors, such as:
- Power of your microwave
- Size of your microwave
- Quantity of eggs
A microwave that is 1000 watts will take around one minute to fry an egg. The more the power, the lesser the time taken to make fried eggs. But it is best to keep your microwave at the recommended power to not compromise on the taste and quality of the egg.
You must start by heating the egg for around forty seconds and then see its status. If the egg is at the phase you want it to be, then it is the perfect time to stop. But if you find that the egg is still undercooked and raw, heat it for an additional ten seconds and check again. Add ten seconds each time you check and find the egg not properly cooked to the phase you prefer.
Generally, it only takes around a minute or less to cook a fried egg in the microwave, but there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Don’t heat the egg for more than one minute. The egg will turn dry, overcooked, and lose its scrumptious taste. Instead, it will become rubbery, both texture and taste-wise.
- Allow the egg to stay in the microwave after the one minute has passed. This will help the egg reach the 165 degrees Fahrenheit mark and cook it thoroughly.
- Never eat an undercooked egg. It can cause food poisoning!
Advantages Of Making Fried Eggs In The Microwave
There are many advantages of making fried eggs in the microwave. These include:
- Time: Microwaves are the best time savers. They save precious hours for all their users. Especially as a new mother, a microwave has always been my constant companion, as microwaves only take a few seconds to heat or reheat any food or beverage.
- Convenience: Not only is a microwave highly easy to use, but it is also highly convenient. Almost every household has a microwave and so it is always favorable for us to make a fried egg whenever we want.
- Safety: Microwaves are just as safe as they are easy and time-saving. You don’t have to come in contact with any fire or direct heat. Only wearing plain gloves or a heat-resistant cloth will keep you safe from any burns.
Now that I have got a hang of it, making fried eggs in the morning is a piece of cake. Truly! Adding the microwave to any culinary equation is a sure means to save time and reduce stress. Now, it isn’t just my son who enjoys a fried egg in the morning, but also me.
This time-saving and highly convenient method will not only save you all those precious minutes but will also help increase your interest in eating healthy. You can make a perfect fried egg in the span of a few minutes. So, don’t miss out!