The idea of having leftovers in your next meal is not that tempting. But what if the leftovers are fried eggs? The idea starts seeming a little interesting, right? If you have some leftover eggs in the refrigerator, it’s not a bad idea to have them for lunch or dinner.
Eggs are a common and classic breakfast item. They are easy to cook, so almost everyone likes them.
In addition to this, the benefits of eggs make them quite an essential part of the diet. But when it comes to leftovers, the trickiest part is their reheating. If you are wondering how to reheat fried eggs in the microwave correctly, this is the right place for you.
This article answers all your questions and has everything you need to know, i.e., can you microwave fried eggs, how to reheat fried eggs, store fried eggs, is reheating eggs toxic, and much more. So, keep reading the article and find out more about reheating the eggs.
Can You Reheat Fried Eggs in a Microwave?
You can reheat sunny-side-up eggs in the microwave. A microwave is among the fastest and most reliable options when it comes to reheating your eggs. All you need to do is put them in the microwave, and they will be ready to eat in a few minutes.
Here is a short guide on how to reheat fried eggs in the microwave.
The first thing you need to do for reheating a fried egg in the microwave is to get yourself a microwavable dish. Now, place your egg over the plate. Put the container inside the microwave, and enjoy!
How to Reheat Fried Eggs in the Microwave
Fried eggs are perhaps one of the easiest things to make on this planet. They are the easiest kind of eggs. You can cook, store and reheat them quite conveniently. But one bad thing about reheating fried eggs is that you might overcook them, making them rubber-like in texture.
To avoid overheating these eggs, you need to know the correct way of reheating them. Here is a quick guide for you consisting of all the steps to reheat these eggs:
- Select a microwavable plate and place your egg on it.
- Cover the fried egg with a paper towel.
- Microwave on low flame for 15 seconds. Cover it and reheat for another 15 seconds.
- If it’s not perfect, you can keep repeating this 15-second process until you are satisfied.
- Take out the egg from the microwave, and you are good to go.
Place the Egg on a Microwavable Dish
Take your egg out of the refrigerator and put it over the microwave-safe plate. If the egg is frozen, you don’t need to defrost it before placing it on the dish. Instead, you can reheat it as is.
Put a Paper Towel on Your Fried Egg
Now, cover your fried egg with a damp paper towel. This will keep the egg fresh and save it from drying up or becoming rubber-like in texture. You can use a tea towel, a cotton cloth, or anything of that sort as well.
Microwave the Egg for 15 Seconds
Place the dish inside the microwave. Keep the flame low and microwave it for 15 seconds. Usually, a fried egg reheats completely within 30 seconds to 2 minutes. But you can decide the time as per your preference.
Microwave It until It’s Ready
Keep on microwaving the egg for a 15-seconds time period until it reaches the right temperature. Typically, the temperature that the experts recommend for reheating eggs is 165°F.
Take Out the Egg and Enjoy!
Once your fried egg is perfectly reheated, take it out of the microwave. Don’t forget to put your oven mitts on to avoid burning your hand. It’s time to enjoy the eggs. You can now have the eggs, and just make sure to store the leftovers again.
How to Store Fried Eggs?
If you plan on reheating fried eggs and eating them, make sure they’re properly refrigerated first.
USDA’s guidelines state that after two hours, fried eggs should be refrigerated or frozen to keep them safe. However, keep in mind that the texture of the egg will vary depending on how you store it.
Here are some guidelines for storing fried eggs properly:
- Keep the eggs separate so that you can reheat them one at a time. You can do so by wrapping them in plastic wrap, parchment paper, or paper towel after they have cooled to room temperature.
- Keep them in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag.
- The eggs can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If frozen, the eggs may be safe to eat for 4 months.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to help you reheat the fried eggs perfectly.
- When reheating fried eggs in the microwave, always keep a heat-safe plate over them. This will help the eggs retain their moisture and keep them from becoming rubbery.
- Coat the dish or pan you are using with cooking spray. This will keep your egg from sticking to the pan.
- To save yourself from overcooking the eggs, always reheat them in increments.
- Keep an eye on your eggs and save them from overcooking.
- When reheating the fried eggs, don’t flip them over as this can break the yolk. Instead, cover them with a plate and cook on low flame for some time.
So, there you go! You are all set to reheat the fried eggs and enjoy them whenever you want. Now that you are aware of all the steps needed to reheat your fried eggs properly, you can make them a significant part of your everyday diet.
We hope that this guide on how to reheat fried eggs in the microwave has successfully answered all your questions. The whole process of reheating eggs gets more fun if you store them properly. Follow all the steps mentioned in how to store fried eggs properly and save yourself from all health hazards.
Keep all the tips and tricks in mind, and we are sure that you will be able to enjoy even the leftovers. Reheat the fried eggs and share this guide with your friends and family. Enjoy!